We now have these back in stock!
These Lampare Kits were developed by Steve K. are now exclusively available here. They are made to fit in a DR-11 or a 2" mortar.
Each kit contains;
- 5 - 1.75" OD x 6.25" long 1/4" wall Heavy Duty Tubes
- 5 Bottles with leak-resistant caps*
- 5 solid disks
- 5 disks punched for 1/4" time fuse
Here's a video tutorial showing assembly.
The video was made in the early stages of development and some steps mentioned no longer apply.
- The punched end disk now only accepts 1/4" time fuse for reliability.
- There is now a solid end disk that sits on top of the bottle for a seal before adding hot melt.
* Due to a world-wide shortage of resins, many items made of plastic are in short supply. The original caps are currently unavailable anywhere and suppliers tell me they have no idea when they will be back in stock. We had to change to a foam liner that seems to work as well but suggest you keep full bottles upright for long term storage.
Firing these from a class C fiberglass tube is UNSAFE & should never be attempted. E-firing from HDPE or cardboard mortars and maintaining a safe distance is strongly reccomended.
Lampares are easy to make but keep in mind that they are not for the beginning or casual hobbyist. They can be extremely destructive if things go wrong and can easily remove body parts.
Purchasing this product requires that you agree to the following;
You assume all risks of use, storage and handling. You understand the inherent danger that accompanies making these. You agree to hold us harmless for any use or misuse of this product. You certify that you are at least 18 years of age. You certify that possession of this product is in compliance with any state or local laws where you live.